What Does Pilgrim Offer?
- Safe and intimate early childhood and grade school programs
- Academic excellence driven by the best of educational practices
- 1:10 teacher to student ratio in early childhood
- 1:16 teacher to student ratio in elementary school
- Experienced and energized staff who inspire a love of learning
- High level of service to the community and parental involvement
- 1:1 Chromebooks or iPads for students in PreK through grade 8
Pilgrim At A Glance
Average Pilgrim Classroom Size
Acceptance into #1 High School of Choice
Total Number of Pilgrim Students
Comella Among Nation’s Best K-8 Principals
Pilgrim Lutheran School’s Principal Chris Comella was named a 2018 National Distinguished Principal. Thank you to the National Association of Elementary School Principals for this honor!
Pilgrim’s Pre-Kindergarten Program Named “Best of Chicago” for the Second Time!
Each year, the “Best of Chicago” Awards are given to local schools and businesses based both on the recommendations of people in the community and third-party data. The Chicago Award Program honors the achievements and accomplishments of organizations that make the Chicago area a great place to live, work and play.
Once again, Pilgrim’s Pre-Kindergarten has been named “Best of Chicago” – having previously earned the distinction in 2018. With its play-based philosophy and “whole child” approach to learning, Pilgrim’s Early Childhood Education Program is designed to be exceptional.
“Our teachers and staff are determined to engage each early childhood and pre-Kindergarten student, and make them feel safe and valued as individuals,” says Pilgrim School Principal Chris Comella. “We deliberately keep our early childhood class sizes small and ensure that every student is supported in achieving his or her own developmentally-appropriate goals.”
Click here to learn more about our Pre-K and early childhood programs!