Academic excellence with a heart
- Individual attention with small class sizes (averaging 14 students, compared to a CPS average of 30)
- Academic excellence driven by the best of current educational practices
- An experienced and energized staff who inspire a love of learning
- A safe and intimate setting where the individual can flourish
- A high level of parental involvement
- Service to the community
Comella Among Nation’s Best K-8 Principals
Pilgrim Lutheran School Principal Chris Comella has been named a 2018 National Distinguished Principal by the National Association of Elementary School Principals.
Pilgrim Preschool is Chicago’s Best!
Pilgrim Lutheran School was selected for the 2018 Best of Chicago Award in the Preschools category by the Chicago Award Program. Congratulations to our teachers Mrs. Bataneant, Mrs. Smith, Mr. Comella, and to everyone here at Pilgrim on this prestigious award!
As Featured In Chicago Parent Magazine
At Pilgrim Lutheran Church and School in Chicago, the staff is incorporating theories they learned at an in-service workshop by Wheatridge Ministries to help increase students’ learning. That workshop taught that “brain breaks” are essential to student learning, and therefore, teachers are regularly leading their students in kinesthetic activities in the classroom to help them boost their performance, says Pilgrim Principal Chris Comella.