Pilgrim offers play-based Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs that are designed to help children feel safe and loved. We do not set arbitrary universal goals, but rather, we support children as they achieve their individual goals. Our 1:10 teacher to student ratio in Pre-K and our 1:16 teacher to student ratio in Kindergarten, allow students to receive the attention they need to grow and learn. We offer flexibility in all of our Early Childhood classes to meet each family’s needs. Please contact the school office with questions about the various scheduling options. Students in our Pre-K program must three or four-years old by September 1st, and students in our Kindergarten program must be five-years-old by September 1st.
Check out our new PreK video!
Engaging Each Child in Early Childhood
- Spanish language instruction in both Pre-K and Kindergarten
- 1:1 iPads for students in Kindergarten
- Music and art lessons
- Educational field trips that include visits to CSO concerts, zoos, museums, and nature centers
- Before and after school care
- Community service projects
- Kindergarten program that incorporates math, literature, and social studies
- “Reading Buddies” between upper grades and Kindergarten students
What Are Parents Saying?
Pilgrim is a caring, nurturing and safe environment for our two kids. The classes are small, the teachers are dedicated, experienced and they genuinely care for our children. From the play-based learning approach in early childhood to the upper grades academic challenges, the school educates the whole child and I feel strongly that our children will be well prepared for high school when the time comes.—Tricia K.