Pilgrim offers play-based Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs that align with Early Childhood standards, and are designed to help children feel safe and loved. Our 1:10 teacher to student ratio in Pre-K and our 1:16 teacher to student ratio in Kindergarten, allow students to receive the attention they need to grow and learn.
We offer flexibility in all of our Early Childhood classes to meet each family’s needs. All students must be toilet trained, and students in Pre-K must be three or four-years-old by September 1st, and students in Kindergarten must be five-years-old by September 1st.
Check out our new PreK video!
Pre-Kindergarten Morning Program
Pilgrim offers five day/week Pre-K from 8:45 a.m. till 11:45 a.m. Morning Pre-K families have the option for extended learning through lunch and into the afternoon till 2:45 p.m.
Pre-Kindergarten Afternoon Program
Pilgrim offers three day/week and five day/week Pre-K from 12:30pm-2:45pm.
Pilgrim offers five day/week Kindergarten from 8:45 a.m. till 11:45 a.m. Morning Kindergarten families have the option for extended learning through lunch and into the afternoon till 2:45 p.m.
Engaging Each Child in Early Childhood
- Spanish language instruction in both Pre-K and Kindergarten
- 1:1 iPads for students in Kindergarten
- Music and art lessons
- Educational field trips that include visits to CSO concerts, zoos, museums, and nature centers
- Before and after school care that provides a nurturing and fun space for children to relax and play
- Extracurricular activities, such as yoga and soccer, that vary from year to year
- Social Emotional Learning that focuses on forming positive relationships and self-regulation strategies
- Community service projects and weekly chapel services
- Kindergarten program that incorporates Everyday Math curriculum, Orton Gillingham literacy instruction, Mystery Science, and theme-based social studies lessons
- “Reading Buddies” between upper grades and Kindergarten students that allow students to grow meaningful relationships between various ages
- Fresh and healthy school lunches catered through Gourmet Gorilla for students who stay through the afternoon
What Are Parents Saying?
“Kindergarten at Pilgrim is what Kindergarten is meant to be. Nurturing, enriching, exciting, individualized, and so much more. The teachers are incredibly skilled and balance academic, social, and emotional development beautifully. The small class size, warm sense of community, and excellent communication between home and school has made this an ideal Kindergarten experience for my daughter and made me one happy mom.” – Liz D.
Early Childhood Teachers
- Joanne Conway Preschool Teacher
- Polly Smith Kindergarten Teacher