Meet our amazing community of teachers at Pilgrim Lutheran School Chicago!
Pilgrim Early Childhood Teachers
At Pilgrim Chicago, learning takes place through child-centered activities in an accepting environment.
- Joanne Conway Preschool Teacher
- Polly Smith Kindergarten Teacher
Pilgrim Elementary School Teachers
The average Pilgrim 8th grade achievement test score is consistently three grade levels ahead of the national norm.
- Amy Stephens 1st/2nd Grade Teacher
- Paige Barclay 2nd/3rd Grade Teacher
- Samantha Doerfler 4th/5th Grade Teacher
- Angela Cardo 5th/6th Grade Teacher
- Shannon Andreen 7th and 8th Grade ELA and Social Science Teacher/Advisor for High School
- Paula Raabe Upper Grade Math Teacher
- Andrew Yearick Spanish and Upper Grade Science/Music Teacher
- Suzanne Stewart Upper Grade Art Teacher
- Jami Hockensmith Band Teacher
- Ari Hagopian Physical Education Teacher & Pilgrim After School Assistant
Theater Arts Program
Creative Root is excited to join the Pilgirm community to bring theater arts programming to the school! Creative Root is an auxiliary program of the Theatre School at Depaul University that launched in 2019, and Pilgrim is excited to welcome Teaching Artist, Elizabeth Dowling, to lead our 4th through 6th grade drama classes during the 2022/23 school year! Click here to learn more about Creative Root.
Services for Diverse Learners
Pilgrim receives a share of federal money to provide tutoring for diverse learners. Students may qualify for reading and math tutoring under the provision of Title I. They can also receive services in accordance with an individualized educational plan (IEP) or a 504 plan. Expert tutoring services are provided through Catapult Learning and Chicago Home Tutor, both approved by Chicago Public Schools.