Meet our amazing community of teachers at Pilgrim Lutheran School Chicago!
Pilgrim Early Childhood Teachers
At Pilgrim Chicago, learning takes place through child-centered activities in an accepting environment.
- Joanne Conway Preschool Teacher
- Britt Bollig Pre-Kindergarten Teacher
- Linnea Ross Early Childhood Teacher Assistant
- Polly Smith Kindergarten Teacher
- Jennifer Goolsby Lower Grade Art, Handwriting, and PE Teacher
Pilgrim Elementary School Teachers
The average Pilgrim 8th grade achievement test score is consistently three grade levels ahead of the national norm.
- Amy Stephens 1st/2nd Grade Teacher
- Paige Reeh 2nd/3rd Grade Teacher
- Samantha Doerfler 4th/5th Grade Teacher
- Angela Cardo 5th/6th Grade Teacher
- Shannon Andreen 7th and 8th Grade ELA and Social Science Teacher/Advisor for High School
- Paula Raabe Upper Grade Math Teacher
- Andrew Yearick Spanish and Upper Grade Science/Music Teacher
- Suzanne Stewart Upper Grade Art Teacher
- Tim Bennett Band Teacher
Services for Diverse Learners
Pilgrim receives a share of federal money to provide tutoring for diverse learners. Students may qualify for reading and math tutoring under the provision of Title I. They can also receive services in accordance with an individualized educational plan (IEP) or a 504 plan. Expert tutoring services are provided through Catapult Learning and Chicago Home Tutor, both approved by Chicago Public Schools.